May 16, 2011

April 2011

It struck me yesterday that I had yet to recap April, so though it is now half way through May I'd like to take this opportunity to fill you in on some of my April happenings.

+ On April 1st I took part in the St. Jerome's Relay for Life. This 24 hour overnight experience was both physically and emotionally exhausting. There were plenty of tears shed and hugs given as we walked lap after lap around the track. We raised just short of $20 000! I truly look forward to participating in this remarkable event again next year.

+ As we geared up for exams it was time to end the term with the usual wrap-up events. There was the final coffee house, a thank you luncheon for all the student leaders, and the final house dinner. The house dinner was certainly the most emotional wrap-up event, as it was a thank you to this year's incredible Don team, a celebration of a wonderful year in residence, and a good-bye to the wonderful Residence Life Program Developer.

  
(my Don, the WTF girls, my honorary big brother)

+ Exam time! I hate exams, as they just present so much stress and anxiety. I rocked some exams, was disappointed with others, and overall I was just happy to be finished.

+ I celebrated Easter around lots of family. It was so wonderful to relax with my family, catch up on sleep, and see tons of extended family on Easter Day. I loved spending part of Sunday morning at my grandpa's, wrestling around with some of the young ones in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!