May 27, 2011

A Second Dose of Dukarol


One of the things I had to do in preperation for my trip to Peru was take a medication called Dukarol. I had to take my first dose last Friday, and I just took my second dose today. First of all, this isn't something that you just swallow a spoonful of and you're done. It must be prepared, making me feel like a crazy chemist. You mix a powder with cold water, stir, shake up a vial of the vaccine, add the contents of the vial to the glass, and then stir some more. And then you drink, which isn't easy since it tastes disgusting. Last week I professed that it tasted worse than live mealworms, and I stand by that statement. It's really gross, but because it is fizzy I could just plug my nose and chug. Maybe other people can chug it back, but as someone who stopped drinking pop seven years ago I find it difficult to drink anything carbonated or with a fizz to it. My best friend was over when I took my first dose last week, and since she found my faces to be hilarious I thought I'd film it this time around. Enjoy the ridiculous faces I made trying to down this second dose. At least I know it was worth it, because Peru is going to be amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that doesn't sound too good. It's good to get a heads up, though, on some of the little things when preparing for going abroad! I hope you enjoy Peru!

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!